Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Beginning Early



So here I am. Creating a blog.
Why?
Various Reasons.
Why at 2 am?
More reasons.
Things are definitely going on in my life...but who doesn't have things going on? Sometimes I can get so self-centered that I think I'm the only one with problems and I have to slow waaaaayyyy down and realize: I'm incredibly blessed. God has given me freedom. God has given me health. God has given me family. God has given me the Gift of Himself. God has enabled ways for me to attend Liberty University. How could I think I have the right to complain?
To reluctantly use a cliche...easier said than done.
So sitting here at my desk with earbuds in and playing random A Walk To Remember Soundtrack music....things start to fade. Problems aren't that bad....fears aren't so valid....tomorrow isn't so uncertain...and dreams aren't so unreachable.
I've made a decision to conciously reach out. I don't solely exist on this planet. Other people have struggles much more difficult than mine. God has called me as a disciple to lift up my brothers and sisters in Christ, and hold up the arms of the fallen. I resolve to cast aside selfishness and put myself at the bottom of the priority list.
Maybe I should go to bed now.

==Isaiah 12:2-4==

2 comments:

Leona said...

welcome to the world of blogs, you are now cool.....just beware I also type the way i talk ;)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Good post. I look forward to your future additions. :-)